About Vox Grata
Vox Grata is an auditioned community women’s choir based in Nashville, Tennessee.
The choir was formed in 2012 by Jeanette MacCallum who continues to serve as the Artistic Director. Vox Grata is an intergenerational ensemble with singers spanning fifty years in age. The choir sings concert programs that directly benefit the needs of women in the Nashville area. Concerts are free to the public where a free-will offering is collected for a chosen beneficiary organization. Programming aims to educate and raise awareness for particular causes that promote the best interests of women.
To empower women through provocative choral concerts.
To be a preeminent community women’s choir, modeling artistic excellence and a commitment to social justice and advocacy.
- VISIBILITY. To bring visibility to issues that impact women through benefit performances
- PARTNERSHIP. To develop meaningful partnerships with organizations that serve women
- INSPIRED SUPPORT. To inspire listeners, through the power of word and melody, to support our partners with financial gifts and other forms of assistance
- PERFORMANCE. To perform choral music of the highest caliber with distinction
- COMMUNITY. To be an accessible and inclusive community where all forms of diversity are valued
- RECOGNITION. To elevate the work of women composers and to mentor emerging conductors
Interested in joining Vox Grata?
Auditions are held in advance of each concert cycle, as openings become available. We encourage singers with significant choral experience to read more about the process and consider auditioning.
You may request further information or schedule an audition by contacting Artistic Director, Jeanette MacCallum at firstname.lastname@example.org.